In Riverside, we believe that music is an integral part of our lives as it is a way of expressing our feelings, emotions and thoughts. It helps to develop our students holistically by building on their confidence, critical and creative thinking and cultural awareness through music learning experiences.
Objectives of Music Curriculum
The objectives of our six-year music curriculum are as follows:
- Sing with accuracy, clarity and expressions.
- Perform singing or playing instruments with melodic and rhythmic accuracy.
- Enjoy and appreciate music of local and global cultures.
- Listen and respond to music through movement and discussions.
- Play the recorder, keyboard, ukulele and Orff instruments with expression either individually or in an ensemble.
- Apply music concepts through improvisation and composition using voice, movement or instruments.